About Us

 

The Rogers County Conservation District is one of 86 Conservation Districts in the state of Oklahoma.  It is located in the northeast corner of the state and was established in 1941.

 

The purpose of the Conservation District is to apply soil and water conservation practices on the land, to teach conservation, and to promote the health, safety and general welfare of the residents of the state of Oklahoma.


THE BOARD

George Fraley - Chairperson

Joe Parker - Treasurer

Lyle Blakely

Ken Froese

Angie Harmon


The Rogers County Conservation District is overseen by a five member Board.  Three of the board members are elected by the people and two of the members are appointed by the Oklahoma Conservation Commission.  The elected members serve three year staggerred terms with one being elected each year.  The appointed members serve two staggerred terms with one being appointed each year.  Board meetings are held the first Thursday of each month at the Federal Building located at 1900 W Will Rogers Circle, Claremore, Oklahoma.  Board meetings are open to the general public.


THE STAFF

Robert Gibbs - Conservation Educator Coordinator

Kipp Love - Operations and Maintenance

Barbara Gibbs - Administrative Assistant



Conservation Programs:

  • Erosion Control
  • Conservation Education
  • Abandoned Mine Land Reclamation
  • Water Quality Program
  • Soils Information
  • Flood Prevention and Water Development

Mission Statement:

The Rogers County Conservation District's mission is to facilitate an understanding of the value of Rogers County's natural resources through education activities and conservation practices.


Vision Statement:

The Rogers County Conservation District is striving to conserve natural resources through education and practice.