All programs at the Reserve are designed to be as informative as possible. We try to cover as many of the PASS skills and Benchmarks for Excellence as possible. We realize that our 100-acre classroom is the reason you take time away from your regularly scheduled education programs, so we spend the majority of your available time outside. We also like to have some interactive educational activities, so the students often "role play". This allows the students to see the information in a different format. Understanding that all students learn in different ways, we will also be trying to incorporate some "hands-on" activities where appropriate. If you do not see a topic or PASS skill that fits your needs, we will be glad to customize a program for your group.
· Animals: We will discuss native wildlife and its interactions with its surroundings.
· Habitats: We will discuss native habitats, what makes a good habitat, and populations of habitats.
· Plants: We will discuss life cycles, identification, and food sources for wildlife.
· Soils: We will discuss soil properties and how they help everyday life.
· Water: We will discuss water properties and aquatic life.
· Teacher Workshop: We will assist teachers in bringing the outdoors to their own classroom.