Rogers County Conservation District
would like to thank the
Rogers County Commissioners
for their financial support for resurfacing
the trails at the RESERVE.
We would also like to thank
and the crew of D&S Paving
for laying the asphalt on the trails.
The Rogers County Conservation District is one of 86 Conservation Districts in the state of Oklahoma. It is located in the northeast corner of the state and was established in 1941. The purpose of the Conservation District is to apply soil and water conservation practices on the land, to teach conservation, and to promote the health, safety and general welfare of the residents of the state of Oklahoma.
George Fraley - Chair Ken Froese - Member
Lyle Blakley - Vice Chair Angie Harmon - Member
Joe Parker - Sec/Treasurer
The Rogers County Conservation District is overseen by a five-member Board. Three of the board members are elected by the people and two of the members are appointed by the Oklahoma Conservation Commission. The elected members serve three-year staggered terms with one being elected each year. The appointed members serve two staggered terms with one being appointed each year.
Robert Gibbs - Education Coordinator
Kipp Love - Operations and Management
Barbara Gibbs - Administrative Assistant
The Rogers County Conservation District has a long history of helping land owners with conservation programs such as state cost share programs. This picture was taken in 1947.
The District is involved in education with all ages at the Reserve and out in the community.
The District works with Federal Agencies on Abandoned Mine Reclamation projects.
The winner of our poster contest sponsored by the District in 1970 on the importance of water quality.
The District has participated in Local and National Land Judging contests where students learn to evaluate soil for quality.